Billing Specialist Job Opening
Position Title: Billing Specialist
Direct Supervisor: Memphis Family Connection Center Manager
Job Summary: The Billing Specialist is responsible for managing client balances, submitting insurance claims, appealing denials, as well as overseeing the scholarship fund. High attention to detail is needed for this position. The Billing Specialist communicates with clients, clinicians, and insurance providers.
- Maintain daily billing functions for clinic accounts
- Submit insurance claims on a timely basis
- Manage client accounts on an ongoing basis
- Check insurance plan and benefits for clients
- Provide solutions for billing related questions/concerns from clients, clinicians, insurance providers
- Ensure clients remain informed on outstanding balances
- Process applications for scholarship services
- Manage the scholarship fund by processing applications, monitoring payments and sessions, and communicating with scholarship recipients
- Keep detailed reports on billing activity and data
- Renegotiate with insurance providers on billing rates
- Assist clinicians with credentialing and maintaining status on insurance panels
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Preferred 2+ years working in a billing role
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Medicaid and commercial insurances preferred
- Ability to work independently
Empowered to Connect’s mission is to support hope and healing for families and communities.
Empowered to Connect and our dynamic network of programs, Memphis Family Connection Center (MFCC), Safe & Secure TN, and Empowered to Connect Institute provide excellent connection centered, holistic, integrated, trauma informed care and resources for individuals, families and community organizations.
MFCC’s mission is to nurture well-being and hope through healing-centered, integrated care and support.
Memphis Family Connection Center (MFCC) provides holistic therapeutic care for families and individuals in Memphis, Tennessee. With a multidisciplinary integrated model of care for the entire family, MFCC helps families move from simple survival to deep connection, awareness, and joy. Available therapies include mental health therapy and counseling, occupational therapy, and speech therapy.
Our Values: We are looking for someone to join our team and embody a healing centered way of engagement by:
- Modeling felt safety and trust for the team and all individuals served
- Creating an unmatched experience across programs and services
- Taking ownership and driving improvement across organizational systems
- Driving excellence in all internal and external areas
- Collaborating across programs and teams
- Embodying a growth mindset
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Part-time Position
- 10-12 hours per week
- $18-$22/hour *rate dependent upon degree/experience