EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Master’s Degree or Doctorate Degree within clinical discipline (Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Marriage/Family Therapy, Etc.) OR any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position. Licensure in this field in the state(s) clinically practicing is highly preferred. Preference will be given to licensure recognized by third party payers and to certification as a school counselor. Proven experience required; 3-5 years. Prefer an effective speaker to present on issues related to this field. Must be computer literate. Candidates must be willing to engage in MFCC’s TBRI training and adhere to standards of quality and excellence.
- The delivery of direct clinical and counseling services to a variety of clientele. Must be able to clinically assess and diagnose mental health disorders, identify individual and family needs/issues related to problems in living, and determine and deliver appropriate treatment/interventions. In addition to counseling services, will be able to provide consultative, preventive, developmental and supportive services to youth and families.
- The preparation and presentation of workshops and psychoeducational classes for professional and non-professional groups.
- Collaboratively develop treatment plans, goals and objectives with clients. Will assess efficacy of services and refine services as indicated. Document all case-related interactions, activities, and services.
- Act as a resource, consultant, and service coordinator for other persons and systems involved in client care, such as parents, teachers, etc.
- Prepare needed reports, treatment authorization requests, and case summaries.
- Participate in staff meetings, in-service trainings, and approved and planned relevant workshops, seminars, and training events.